There's Nothing Fun About Moving, Except...
When you get to sell that terrible lamp that your partner would never agree to let go of (until he realized it won't fit in the moving van).
Our process went like this:
1. Told our landlord we wanted to find a sub-leaser, and negotiated with them to drop the sub-lease fee.
2. Listed our place on CL, showed it, signed it over to a new couple.
3. Secured storage space at a friends house (yay friends!)
4. Planned and held a joint garage sale with a bunch of friends who were also looking to clean out some of their old stuff.
5. Reserved a UHaul a few weeks in advance (this was important for us since we live in a college town and were moving out the weekend that all of the students were moving in).
6. Moved all that shit and then bought lots of drinks for our friends who let us keep all of it in their basement.
7. Had a really big party at a park (no house anymore) to say your goodbye-for-nows to everyone.
8. Drove off into the sunrise...